Simple and Practical Mental Health welcomes contributions from all mental health professionals for publication by us. Please share your knowledge and clinical wisdom with other mental health professionals so that we can all better help our patients.
In the long run, SPMH will cover every possible practical topic in mental health, so any contributions would be greatly appreciated. However, in order to not feel disappointed, we recommend that you send us in advance the proposed topic and an outline of what will be covered so that we can tell if you if it seems like something that will fit our mission.
Advice to Authors
1. Most importantly, all of the content of any submission must be of practical, clinical use. Evaluation, interviewing, diagnosis, biological treatments, psychosocial treatments, etc are all topics we cover.
2. Where appropriate, the articles should be supported by references.
3. However, we also encourage advice from experienced clinicians based on their extensive clinical experience with a particular issue. In such situations, the advice should include a clear statement like “In my clinical experience,…”
3. Be brief. As brief as possible.
4. Write in a conversational tone as if giving advice to a colleague whom you met in the hallway. Not like (God forbid!) an “academic.” 🙂
We hope that Authors will understand that we have to have the following “rules””
– Simple and Practical Mental Health reserves the right to edit any submissions, both for scientific content and for language. But, before the article is finally published, the Author will be shown the edits. If we and the Author cannot agree on the edits, either party may withdraw from the material being published on our website.
– Once a submission is published on simpleandpractical.com, the copyright is assumed to be transferred to Simple and Practical Mental Health. The material may not be reused elsewhere without express written consent from Simple and Practical Mental Health.
– The decision of the Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Mago, will be final in any and all matters related to submissions for publication.