Are you using an electronic medical record or EMR (or, more broadly, a practice management system) that makes it easy to manage all the different aspects of your outpatient mental health practice? Everything should be in ONE system and should be easy as pie.
No complicated screens and things that are not relevant to mental health.
When I started my private practice in 2016, I discovered Luminello – an EMR designed by a psychiatrist and specifically for mental health professionals. Luminello has everything that a mental health professional needs and nothing that we don’t. I have been using Luminello ever since, and it has made my life so easy. Based on my personal experience, I recommend it to all of my colleagues and you without the slightest hesitation.
If Simple and Practical Mental Health had created an EMR, it would be Luminello. 🙂
Here are some reasons that using Luminello saves me time:
Patients send me secure, HIPAA-compliant emails, so I don’t get any phone calls. Also, when I choose it, the emails and my responses can be added to the chart with one click.
Concerned about cost?
In this and all issues related to clinical practice, I think in terms of how much of my time and hassle is saved and not only the cost. The cost of using an EMR like Luminello is low compared to how much I charge per hour. It is better for me to see one more patient every month to pay for Luminello rather than to try to save a few bucks by spending more time.
Want a discount?
Simple and Practical Mental Health has an affiliate relationship with Luminello. If you use the discount code SPMH at sign up for any of the paid plans, you will automatically get an additional FREE month of Luminello.
Disclosure: For every clinician who signs up for a paid plan using the discount code SPMH, Luminello will give me a commission at no cost to the person signing up.
Click HERE to get started and enter discount code SPMH at checkout
Here’s a testimonial from a psychiatrist in Massachusetts:
“This is the first out of many EMRs I’ve tried that is intuitive to use and has the features I need without the unwieldy bulk that I don’t. I love using Luminello.”
And here’s another one from a psychiatrist in New York:
“I must say so far my experience with the customer service is a breath of fresh air. I was using practice fusion which was a nightmare! Decided to take a chance and switch to Luminello. So far I’m glad I did!”
Beyond the fact that it is built based on the clinical experience and insights of a psychiatrist, I like Luminello for its clean, simple screens that I find easy to use. It avoids the overkill of crowded screens and chaotic features of other EMRs.
I find their customer support to be among the most responsive and helpful I’ve come across. They respond with answers in minutes and hours, instead of days and weeks.
And, out of the different EMRs I reviewed, their price was much more affordable and they didn’t make me sign a long-term contract. Unlike the free EMR I looked at, Luminello has no advertising and promises never to sell my patient info. And they even have a free plan you can use for as long as you like to make sure it’s the right fit for your practice.
With Luminello, I love that I can:
– Write my notes with fewer clicks
– Create and use my own custom note templates
– Prescribe and renew meds easily (including controlled substances) from wherever I am
– Communicate by secure email and reduce phone calls (there’s no such thing as a 10-second phone call!)
– Have patients automatically sent a confirmation of their appointment AND a reminder email one or two days before the appointment.
– Allow my established patients to book their own appointments online in the portal, download their own billing statements so that I don’t have to print or provide them, add credit card info and make payments, update their demographic info, etc.
– Manage my billing and accept credit cards. Those who take insurance can even bill insurance directly through Luminello.
– With just a click, send rating scales and custom questionnaires to patients that they can do at home, and that I add to their chart with just a click. This allows me to have a lot of information in my intake note before I’ve even seen the patient.
– It sends an appointment reminder by email when the appointment is made and then again prior to the appointment (24 hours, 48 hours, whatever you choose). I have set the default to immediately and 48 hours prior to the appointment so that I don’t have to think about it. This system has worked very well for me. Also, when patients self-schedule their appointments, that saves me time.
If you are looking for a better EMR, or starting to use one for the first time, I can’t think of a smarter place to start than with Luminello.
Want a discount?
Simple and Practical Mental Health has an affiliate relationship with Luminello. If you use the discount code SPMH at sign up for any of the Premium plans, you will automatically get an additional FREE month of Luminello.
If you sign up for any Premium plan by March 31, 2018, you will also receive an Amazon gift certificate for $50!
Disclosure: For every clinician who signs up for a Premium plan using the discount code SPMH, Luminello will give me a commission at no cost to the person signing up.
Questions? Please post them under “Leave a Reply” at the bottom of this page.
Copyright © 2017, Simple and Practical Mental Health. All rights reserved. May not be reproduced in any form without express written permission.
Disclaimer: The content on this website is provided as general education for medical professionals. It is not intended or recommended for patients or other laypersons or as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Patients must always consult a qualified health care professional regarding their diagnosis and treatment. Healthcare professionals should always check this website for the most recently updated information.